Is your sweetheart trouble sleeping? Is she constantly stressed or anxious?
Many dogs suffer from anxiety, which can make it difficult for them to relax and get quality sleep. They may not feel calm or refreshed which can make it difficult for them to sleep well.
You might be able to solve this problem by giving your dog a calming bed. Below, we’ll describe what calming beds are and how they work. We can also help you choose the right one for your pet.
What is a Calming Dog Bed?
A “calming” dog bed is not an official name.
Beds with security and relaxation features are generally considered. All dogs are unique, so a particular characteristic that helps one feel relaxed and calm may not work for another.
Despite their differences, some dogs do seem to feel more secure and calm. This will translate into a better night of sleep for Spot which could help to reduce anxiety, stress, and insecurity over the long term.
Calming Dog Bed Features:
What can you expect from a calm dog bed? The best calming dog beds have a lot in common. They help reduce anxiety and fear and offer more comfort.
While some beds offer many of these features while others have only a few, others include all of them. Here are some features that you might find in a calm canine cove.
- Bolsters – Many of these beds have bolsters (raised and typically padded sections around their perimeter) that can be used to help your furry friend feel secure or provide a place for him to rest his head.
- Calming —Calming bed for dogs is usually super soft to allow your furry friend to drift off to sleep in dreamland.
- Faux Fur — These beds are often made with faux fur or soft textures to keep your dog warm and comfortable.
- Orthopedic Foams –Calming beds can sometimes contain memory foam or other orthopedic foams to provide comfort for your dog.
- Heating Elements Some beds have heating elements that are particularly helpful for small dogs who might have difficulty maintaining their body heat.
- Attached are blankets or covers —Some dogs love to snuggle in their beds. Many calming dog beds have attached blankets that will make your pet feel safe.
- Aromatherapy While the research isn’t conclusive, there is evidence that lavender scents may help calm dogs. To help your dog feel completely zen, you might consider infusing some calming dog beds with lavender.
Best Calming Dog Beds
Are you looking for a bed that will help your dog sleep? Here are seven top-rated dog beds that will help your dog sleep peacefully.
Best Friends Donut Bed
About: Best Friends offers a calming, donut-shaped bed made with vegan fabric. This will keep your furry friend happy and healthy. The bed also has AirLoft fibers that help keep the bolsters in place while your hound is sleeping.
- For your dog to cuddle, high 7-inch walls
- This product is for dogs up to 25 lbs
- Available in neutral taupe, dark chocolate, and grey colors.
- Machine-washable design
- airsoft fibers keep donut beds in shape.
- Excellent quality at a great price
- The soft feeling of the bed is appreciated by most dogs
- High bolsters offer great security
- The bed was very easy to clean, which pet parents loved.
- Dogs over 25 pounds are not recommended
- The texture may be altered by machine drying
Calming Dog Beds UK
About: Our pets need to get a restful night’s sleep to be happy and healthy each day. Calming Dog Beds UK has created donut dog beds that are beloved by canines across the UK.
- Orthopaedic Supported Designs
- It is versatile in its use
- Machine friendly
- Removable Cover
Pet Fusion Calming Cuddler
About: Do you have a best friend who likes to burrow? The Pet Fusion bed is a great choice with a loose blanket for your dog. This calming bed features bolsters and memory foam.
- Burrowing is encouraged by the Lose Blanket design
- A memory foam base keeps your dog comfortable
- Non-skid bottom helps to keep the bed in place
- Additional support is provided by firm bolsters
- Waterproof inner liner embedded
- Dogs will find the attached blanket very comforting.
- The bolster’s quality construction was praised by owners
- Waterproof liners are always a bonus
- Owners didn’t always get the waterproof liner to work.
- The zippers can be a little delicate.
About: If your dog loves to be cradled, the wraparound calm bed may be the right choice. The bed has a high ceiling and bolsters that will give your dog a place to rest. This cozy spot is made of velvety fabric so your dog will not have any trouble falling asleep.
- The unique wrap-around design ensures your furry friend is safe while you sleep.
- You can choose from 4 color options, as well as small and medium sizes.
- Walls made of tall fiber-full materials provide additional warmth
- Non-slip base for your bed
- Plush velvet fabric
- Wraparound design provides unmatched security
- Excellent bed quality for the price
- This bed keeps dogs warm and comfortable than other beds
- It’s not available in large sizes for large dogs
- Sometimes the bolsters don’t hold their shape.
Pet Fusion Crate Bed
About: This Calming Dog bed from Nononfish can be used by small terriers and furry friends as large as 150 pounds. There are 13 color options and 7 sizes available so you can find the right one for your dog.
- The entire bed can be machine washed
- Comfortable, soft vegan fabric for your companion
- This bed is held in place by its anti-slip base
- You can mold plush beds to fit your dog’s body
- There are 7 sizes and 13 colors to choose from
- It features a soft, plush exterior.
- The whole thing can be washed in the washer
- Additional security is provided by the built-in bolsters
- After washing the fabric, the texture can change.
- It is not chew-proof.
Bedsure Calming Bed
About This calming mattress from Bedsure has a donut-shaped design and a plush exterior. This bed has a luxurious texture and an encircling cushion to keep your dog calm while he relaxes.
- Flexible bed with four sizes to fit most dogs over 100 pounds
- Donut design offers strong, supportive bolsters for cuddling your dog
- Non-slip bottom helps to keep your bed comfortable
- You can choose between neutral tan and grey colors
- Fabric that is machine washable and ultra-soft
- It is available in sizes that are suitable for large dogs
- The bolster was comforting for most dogs.
- The super-soft texture of the bed earned it tons of praise
- It is super simple to clean
- Fake fur can be shed
- The bolsters don’t hold their shape well.
Description: Are you looking for a warm bed for your little pooch? Orthocomfort’s self-warming mattress has high bolster walls and a plush exterior. It is large enough to let your beloved drift off to their dreamland.
- You can wash your machine-washable bed in six different colors
- Surrounding bolsters help keep your best buddy comfortable
- The bed’s shape is maintained by air-loft fibers
- Fabric made from an ultra-soft material
- A large, warm bed keeps canines comfortable while they sleep.
- This bed is loved by most dogs.
- Your dog will stay super warm thanks to the plush fabric and high bolster walls
- It seems to be able to keep its shape well
- They are small
- “Self-warming” is a term we don’t like (see below).
Dog beds that are calming and supportive can be a great tool to help your pet get a good night of sleep. To ensure your dog feels at his best, you should also use other calming techniques.